Avery spent about a half hour at my friend Debby's the other day, without me and without Reagan. In that time, Miss Debby managed (I say "managed" because when I am present I try to stop her from giving my kids everything under the sun)to give Avery a ton of beads, tools and supplies for jewelry making. Avery was happier than a pig in sh*t to learn how to use the stuff and take it home to start creating. She spent several hours at her desk making funky feather earrings and has made a little profit on her craft already. I always joke with Debby that Avery will someday either be her apprentice or competition but I didn't realize it would be at age eight. Such a creative little mind on that child. She even named her designs titles such as banana delight (brown and yellow feathers) and nature ocean and made backing cards for them. Look out, next time you see Avery she will be pedaling her wares.
Friday, July 1, 2011
Creative Entreprenuer
Avery spent about a half hour at my friend Debby's the other day, without me and without Reagan. In that time, Miss Debby managed (I say "managed" because when I am present I try to stop her from giving my kids everything under the sun)to give Avery a ton of beads, tools and supplies for jewelry making. Avery was happier than a pig in sh*t to learn how to use the stuff and take it home to start creating. She spent several hours at her desk making funky feather earrings and has made a little profit on her craft already. I always joke with Debby that Avery will someday either be her apprentice or competition but I didn't realize it would be at age eight. Such a creative little mind on that child. She even named her designs titles such as banana delight (brown and yellow feathers) and nature ocean and made backing cards for them. Look out, next time you see Avery she will be pedaling her wares.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment