Monday, August 23, 2010

Crazy Summer Days




What a whirlwind of outdoor fun this summer has been. As it winds down I am realizing that most of the fun activities and even the fun afternoons in the backyard have gone undocumented. Luckily I do have pictures of most of our adventures so I might not stroll down memory lane on my blog but I can do it with pictures. We took the girls to their first drive-in movie a few weeks back which brought back so many fun memories of mine and DJ's childhood. Avery and Reagan both had a fantastic time, as did Eric and I. We joined some friends in a movie at the park. It was a really damp and cold evening but that was a lot of fun, regardless of the chill in the air. Eric and I bought the kids a easy-set three foot pool a few weeks back and both kids are now comfortable in the water and able to swim...for the most part. We had plans to make our yearly trip to the Toledo Zoo but it was during a really hot spell so we ended up at the Troy Aquatic Center. A little pricey but very clean and fun. Both girls have been taking ballet and tap classes and I think they have found a new hobby in it. Last week the four of us loaded up the car and headed to Kings Island for a few days away. Avery wanted so badly(as did I) to ride the biggest coasters. I was really proud of how brave she was. As we sat in the seat, however, Avery was measured and told that she was too short to ride (about 1/8 inch too short). I was fuming but within a few minutes I composed myself and realized that we have many many years of big coasters. This might be our last year of kiddie rides so we enjoyed that and the waterpark. We have sprinkled in many playdates, a few sleepovers and even one or two adult evenings out over this summer. I'm not really ready for it to end. Back to the grind has NEVER been my idea of fun!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Fun times! Sounds like you guys had a GREAT summer!