Friday, July 30, 2010

Henriksen Family Reunion




Last Saturday, our long planned family reunion took place at my cousin Jennifer and her husband Jim's home. The weather was predicted to be awful. Stormy and windy. We totally escaped that. It was sunny and hot with a light breeze. Absolutely perfect for the once every few years that we all gather. Last time we had a reunion, my grandma Henriksen was still with us and Reagan was not yet with us. Avery and her second cousins, Cole and Connor were 18 or so months. This time the three of them are entering second grade. Reagan and her second cousin (and new found girlfriend)are entering kindergarten in the fall. We had lots of food, fun and laughs at the reunion. Thanks to Jen and Jim's well stocked fishin' pond, the kids and adults all enjoyed an afternoon of fishing. Avery caught several really big fish and I think everyone that had hopes of catching something, did. There was a talent show where we learned of Crystal and Dan's passion for home brewing (and got samples!!), there was a blindfolded quiz on the difference in taste between white and red wine(are we sensing a theme yet??) and some of our more extraverted counterparts showed off their respective talents. My contribution was sampling most of the beers, taking a guess at the wines, incorrectly I might add, and marching in the kiddie parade that Aunt Bonnie lead the kids through. I look forward to the next reunion, where we will probably reminisce on the happenings of this past weekend.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like you had fun! I that DJ with a beard?

Laura said...

I meant to say IS that DJ with a beard?

Kim Cervone said...

That is DJ with a full beard and a beer..he and Rula thought it would be funny to sneak them into the picture but they weren't even drinking them.