Summer that is. My eagerly awaited favorite season has once again passed in the blink of an eye. I really don't even recall what we did for the most part. A large number of my days were spent hunting down boxes, filling them then unloading them again. I vaguely remember a trip to Stoney Creek, sitting at the beach while the kids played in the water, another afternoon in a paddle boat at Stoney. There was that day we spent at John and Katie's cottage playing in the water...such fun for all of us!! We tried to take a few days away with Sherry and Dave to an amusement park but one of our "new house appointments" put the kabash on that so we eneded up not doing any overnight trips this vacation. I know what I spent most of my summer doing... breaking up fights between my daughters. Ok, so the label for this summer is The Summer of Big Change and Many Bruises(only partially kidding there).
Though the summer really did fly at a record pace, a few fantastic things took place: our move could not have gone smoother, both the actual move and the feelings involved. Because 41150 Bernard is where Eric and I started our family, with a wedding followed by a puppy, two kids and another puppy, there are a lot of memories in that little house, not to mention the friendships in the neighborhood and school. I thought it would be hard to leave but 50384 ashperton has felt like home from the start. The kids haven't mentioned missing the old neighborhood or not wanting to start the new school. I think in part because they have had a few playdates with their friends from the old neighborhood, Skyped with Samantha for the first time last night and have made a friend here. They haven't even wanted to spend the night at nana's because they love their new house so much. I couldn't ask for a smoother transition...I could ask for my couch to finally arrive but that is a minor detail. The second of the huge "Phew as we wipe our brows" was that Eric kept his job through yet another of Pfizers reorganizations...third one since he has been with the company. That's pretty much our summer 2011 in a nutshell.
No comments:
Post a Comment