Thursday, April 19, 2012

Oops, I Did It Again!



I'd say about early January I was parusing petfinder.com and fell in love with this beautiful American Bulldog mix. I spent a few weeks trying to wear Eric down and get him to let me adopt her. Just about the time we got back from our cruise and he was good and relaxed and just about where he might have said okay, my beautiful girl was gone. She had been adopted out to another family. I didn't necessarily want a third dog. I only wanted this particular dog so I didn't go back on Petfinder again until a few weeks ago. I was just curious and ran into some really cute little pups one night. The next morning I wanted to show Avery these cute puppies but when I went back on to the site, there she was!! My gorgeous girl was back and needed her fur-ever home...back to begging Eric. I made lots of promises and got the kids into the game. One night I went as far as to filling out the online app and was teasing Eric about hitting send. I never did and after tucking the kids in, I forgot to log off. When going on the next morning to check email, etc I found that my app had sent. OH NO. Eric is gonna kill me!!! After some minor playing with me, Eric admitted that he had sent it and was willing to meet her since we knew why the other adopters sent her back (high energy. Duh, she's 13 months old!!)and she really is so pretty. Our human family members met her, the next day our dogs met her and her foster mom brought her to our house. She has been a family member ever since. Only two days into this adventure and she and Daisy play, only when Daisy lets her know it's time to play,and she is so loving with all of us. I am so ecstatic that Nora came into our family. She is such a joy! Let me also say that Eric has now got to put a parental block on petfinder.com because I cannot legally own any more animals in Macomb Township.

No comments: