Thursday, September 10, 2009

Brand New School Year



I am so happy with the way this school year has started out. For the last few weeks I had it on good authority that we were getting the teacher that I hoped for. When I checked out the rosters at school, however, something had changed and we (by we I guess I mean Avery)got a new teacher to the school. No one seemed to know much about her and Avery's closest buddies weren't in her class. I was really anxious. Avery was cool as a cucumber (believe it or not). She was nervous on the first day but hid it really well. On the walk home, she went on and on about all of the cool things the teacher does for her class. This is Avery's first year of all day school and she really speaks very highly of it. Lunch and recess have both gone very well and she already has a few new crushes. Not to worry, Josh is still one of them. I told Avery that her dad is taking her on a date tomorrow and she said that she wants to go on a date with Josh (last year's boyfriend), or David (a new friend who is very skilled at farting in the lunchroom), or Justin (Josh's close buddy and the boy who "liked" Samantha last year). YIKES!!! Is there any kind of intervention for a boy crazy six year old? Or maybe a first grade drama skript that I could sell to cable?? At least she tells us about her crushes. I would rather know than be left out of the loop. Avery has also filled us in on all of the troublemakers and their offenses. Luckily, none of the troublemakers are her friends or crushes. Looks like this is shaping up to be a really enjoyable school year for us...I just hope that she doesn't try her hand at lunchroom farting!

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a big girl! Glad she likes it!

Lorene said...

Aww...can you even imagine that we are doing the first grade thing already? Dang! I think its hillarious that she has "boyfriends" already. Luckily we haven't reached that point yet. I think Jay would have a heart attack. :) Here's to a great school year!