Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Papa John



Yesterday we said a final goodbye to Papa John. John Deniston is Cyndi's dad. He passed away Thursday evening, ending his painful battle with cancer peacefully and surrounded by family.
Papa John was a great guy. He always had an answer to anything "outdoors", made awesome cookies and treated us like family, although there is no document proclaiming us to be. Eric isn't biologically related to Papa John but that never mattered. Eric is his grandson, I am his granddaughter and Avery and Reagan are his Great-granddaughters. Papa John, although one of few words, was an accepting and generous man. Cyndi remarked to me at the funeral that someone she knew was having trouble warming up to a new family situation. I had to point out to her that would be most peoples' reaction. I don't think it occured to her that most families do not unquestioningly welcome everyone, as was an amazing legacy her father passed on. I feel blessed to have known Papa John and am one of many people who will miss him.
As Reagan ponted out to me, "Now he's watching us from Heaven." (Insert big Reagan smile here)

2 comments:

Macomb County Mother of Multiples said...

You are in my prayers!!

Felosak Family said...

Kim

Sorry to hear! I just checked the blogs. I hope you are all doing well and feeling at peace with Papa John in Heaven watching you and your beautiful family:)