Reagan's new school year began about a week after Avery's. There were no nerves or anxiety. Only excitement. Reagan knew most of the kids and the teachers and couldn't wait to be back. There were a few new friends in class. After dropping Avery off at school shortly after school began, Reagan exclaimed to me that, "I think there is a kid in my class named potato." Me: "Potato, really?" reagan paused for a second to rethink that name. As calm as she mentioned the child with the name of a spud, she said, "No, no I think maybe it is Matteo." I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt.
The other day while we were eating dinner, Reagan was telling us about something. i can't remember what it was and a very loud belch emerged in the middle of her statement. She stopped what she was saying and apologized, "Oh, my excuses." I guess she confused excuses with excuse me. Thes little comments of hers just really crack me up. I don't want to forget these little Reaganisms.
2 comments:
You gotta make of note of these thing or you'll forget, like I usually do :(
I read this the other day and cracked up. I shared it with Matt...he didn't find it as funny as I did. I shared it with my mom...I think she wet her pants laughing so hard.
Then today, I went to work and was loading new kids' names into the database and came across a...you guessed it "matteo". I about lost it.
Thanks Regs! Miss you chickie-bean.
Post a Comment