

Over the past weekend our family celebrated my grandparent's sixtieth wedding anniversary along with my grandpa's eighty-eighth birthday. My aunt Diane came into town from Colorado and my aunt Pam, who hosted the party, was able to supply a surprise guest for my grandparents: my grandmother's best friend and companion at the dance hall the night my grandparents met. She also found a long-lost friend of my mom's and invited her. Both my mom and grandma were so shocked and excited to catch up with their friends. It made me a little teary.
As Eric and I approach ten years of married life, I think about all of the ups and downs and all of the many many memories my grandparents have of raising their family together. It is hard for me to imagine Eric and I as great-grandparents but I suppose grandma and grandpa, on their ten year wedding anniversary, couldn't imagine themselves at that point either. What an amazing milestone to aspire to.
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary to your grandparents! And Happy B-day to your grandpa!
Post a Comment