


So, one week into the new school year and things are definitely far more calm than I expected. I feel like our schedule is figured out for the most part and although dance and gymnastics haven't started yet and no one has gotten homework, things are chugging along smoothly. I had a little emotional difficulty sending my baby off to kindergarten. Thankfully, I cannot make an emotional decision to have "just one more" so officially I have no more babies at home. Reagan seems to really like school and has made a few new girlfriends very quickly. I moved her from afternoons to mornings the day beforeschool started to better suit our schedule. She has really bonded with a sibling of one of Avery's classmates and they arecurrently in our bathroom giggling and changing into their "fashion show" outfits. I ADORE Reagan's ability to bond with new friends so easily. I wish I had that trait.
As for my second grader, going on HS senior, she walked into her classroom and greeted her teacher for the first time like she was the CEO of second grade. No worries, no hesitation, no qualms, just another day at the office. She's come a long way from clinging to my leg for the first two semesters of nursery school (yes, that is half of the school year). There have been a lot of changes at our school. Almost 200 new students, programs moved to other schools to make way for the new students, a new principal, and new rules to accomodate the newness. I, along with pretty much all of the parents I talk with, are displeased with the changes but I am willing (mainly because I have no choice) to bare with the school until the kinks are worked out and my little blog is a place to remember the fun of my kids growing up so that is the last of the negativity of the school year. We shall see if chaos comes with homework and extracurriculars...
1 comment:
You have a beautiful family! I hope the kids are doing well at school!
Post a Comment