
I'm not sure how the time slipped by. Since I was pregnant with Avery, I can distinctly recall moments where, I said to myself, "Remember this. This won't last forever." I know many parents say that their kids grow up so fast because they are so busy with day to day life that they don't slow downand appreciate the little moments. Well, it doesn't matter. I have slowed down to appreciate these moments and the past eight years and nine months still flew by. I feel like Avery's age finally fits her. Anyone that knows Avery will tell you that she was born far older than her chronological age. She was speaking in sentances and "arguing her case" when most babies were struggling to form the word da-da. She had more hari at birth than most full grown men, and pigtails by her first birthday. So, at eight, she still acts like a pretty mature eight. She throws tantrums and has to be reminded 20 times to do the simplest things but there is a maturity to Avery that her age still has a little catching up to. We celebrated my brilliant little girls birthday by having her grandparents, uncle and aunt over for pizza and cake, followed a few nights later by a couple of her closest girlfriends spending the night. I wouldn't call it a sleepover, due to the lack of sleep but the girls had a great time and even included Reagan in the festivities.
No comments:
Post a Comment