



Eric has been telling me for a few months that he wanted to plan a little get away for our thenth anniversary. We have done this only twice since we've had kids and the longest was 3 days, so we were both ready for a break from 1)Michigan winter and 2)the daily grind. When we decided to buy the new house, Eric thought of cancelling the vacation to save the money. Although I said that is up to him since he is the finance guy (and the only person in this marriage who knew the location or cost of the trip)I literally jumped with joy when he said we could easilty swing the trip and the house. So, on our actual anniversary Eric and I tried several restaurants before we found that our old favorite, Penna's, had no wait. When we arrived, Eriv left to wash his hands. When he got back to the table, he asked if I got a text, just as my phone alerted me to a multi-media message. Whatever he was taking pictures of in the bathroom, I probably didn't want to see...so I cautiously opened my phone to find a picture of the cruise ship we would be heading out on in three weeks. Eric and I were both so excited for weeks and the trip proved to be worth the hype. We relaxed and did whatever we wanted, when we wanted to so it, which included snorkeling at Grand Cayman, visitng Mayan ruins and the most beautiful costline in Cozumel, eating several dinners and deserts every day and doing Zumba on the ship deck, where Eric got on stage and shaked his groove thing!! The only reason I am back in Michigan and not selling sea shells on some foreign beach right now is that we missed the kids so much by the end of the five day cruise, that we were ready to deal with a 2.5 hour crawl through the snow to get home from the airport. What a fantastic way to bring in the second decade of our marriage!
1 comment:
I can't believe its been 10 years, time is flying by! Sounds like you guys had an awesome time!!!
Post a Comment