

Hmmm, I should have journaled this while I still remembered how we spent our Christmas Break, Avery's Birthday, etc. I remember Christmas was really busy as usual. We followed the traditional Christmas/Christmas Eve schedule. Christmas Eve was spent with the Cervones at Ken and Lisa's. It was a little strange to have a holiday celebration without Uncle Bill. We had a toast with Sam Adams champagne in his memory. Christmas morning was magical. I hope we have another decade of magical Christmas mornings!!! The kids got most of what was on theirlist, including a stuffed animal that Avery really wanted. I told her she couldn't have it because we have WAY too many already but Santa brought it for her because she is such a good girl. In the afternoon we spent some time at Aunt Paula and Uncle Mike's, finishing up the night at my mom and dads house. The following day we had another celebration where we exchanged our gifts with Grandma and papa at their house. Our church holds services for a few days before Christmas so we were able to do that before the whirlwind started.
On New Years Eve, the Thielks came over for Thai food and games. The kids had an absolute sblst covering the basement stairs with cushions and sledding down them. They had a bucket for money and pretended it was a rollercoaster at an amusement park. All of them made it to midnight, followed very closely by good-nights and an end to the celebration. I think the plan is to do it again next year. it was a perfect way to bring in the new year.
No comments:
Post a Comment