Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Brownie Overnight



Last Friday Avery and I joined sixteen other girls and five other moms for our first Brownie overnight. We were at the Detroit Science Center andboy, did we have a great time! They set up a mystery for us to solve, going from station to station using science to dwindle our suspect list. We had a nice snack and were allowed to "sleep" pretty much anywhere in the place. Because our troop is pretty huge, we kind of oozed out of the room we chose and into the main museum, where a quacking sound kept me up all night. I think I recall a dream so I must have dozed at some point. Long after must of our troop had queietted down, Avery, my little night owl, and I were up chatting. That might have been my favorite part of the trip. We don't get a night all to ourselves often (has never happened).
Avery really seemed to love the Imax experience the next morning (sharing Taya's cool ranch doritos and totally grossing me out right before bed was a high point as well). I love a lot of things about this troop but the thing I will miss most about the group next year is the way our third grade girls treat our second graders as equals. I am very proud of them for that and hope they can always have friends in younger grades...such a great group of girls...great leaders too!!!(haha)

No comments: