Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ballet Recital



Phew...after Avery's illness, I was waiting with baited breath to find out if Reagan was going to be sick for her recital. The three long days came and went and Reagan was healthy and enjoyed every minute of recital 2011. Although she fought me every week to go to class (of course it was her choice to take the class and to rejoin half way through and to be in the recital), she absolutely loved the recital. She told me that was the best part of the whole class. I kind of expected her to freak out a little. I remember that feeling before going on stage and I really thought Reagan would cling to my leg as I stood backstage waiting for the rest of her class to finish their routine. I am so proud that she marched right out there three nights in a row and danced her heart out. Her eyes were glued stage left, where her teacher was in the wings doing the routine for them to follow, but that just made the dance even cuter!! She has decided to take hip-hop next fall. I guess all the weeks of fighting with her to go to class was worth the fun we both had at recital time!

No comments: