Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day/My Birthday

My Mother's Day weekend was so very very relaxed. For me, it was fantastic..with the exception of my sick baby unable to get from the couch to the potty without assistance. I really felt so sorry for her but I got time to play in the garden and relax in the sunshine without breaking up any fights. I didn't even leave the house to serve in my small group because I couldn't take Avery out and wanted to be the one to stay and take care of her. A perfect weather weekend at home is THE BEST way to celebrate Mother's Day!!! I even talked Eric into cleaning the range for me!
My birthday was pretty cool too. I had a pretty normal day but the weather was great. We attended the sock hop at the kids school in the evening. The gym was like a steam bath but it kinda felt nice after so many months of bone chilling cold.
Saturday night I went to my new favorite restaurant with Debby, Kristi and Laura. It was so nice to sit and talk with them completely uninterrupted. I talked DJ into cleaning the range for me this week..woo-hoo!! Sunday pretty much sucked because I felt like garbage (no, I did not whoop it up the night before. I was home by 11 and only drank iced tea). My Sunday was spent napping while it rained continually. I missed a chance to hang out with some friends I hardly ever see at little Jay Castor and his wife Julie's baby shower (little Jay Castor is 30ish I think)I'm bummed that I missed that but I slept right through it...and now Reagan is sick on the couch with a fever and sore throat. Isn't this crap supposed to get better in May???

No comments: