Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Second Grade Zoo Fieldtrip


Life has been B-U-S-Y this month!!! Two weekd ago I joined Avery's second grade class for their Detroit Zoo fieldtrip. Somehow we ended up in a group with all moms of boys, along with the one other child assigned to my group...another boy. I asked Avery a few times if she wanted to catch up to one of her girlfriends and walk with them as well. She was perfectly content sticking with the guys. They all oohed and aahed in the reptile house and laughed their heads off watching the male monkey "hanging out" for all the world to see (as did us moms). The one little boy whose parents weren't able to make the trip wanted s o badly to go to the butterfly house. Being that I've never been fond of the Detroit Zoo, I had never been before this fieldtrip but because he was without mom that day and got a black eye under my watch, I wanted to make sure we got him to the butterfly house. I am SO glad we did. I now have a whole new appreciation for the Detroit Zoo. I could sit in there all day and watch those amazing creatures!
So, our day started out a little rainy and cold but by lunch time we got clear skies and comfortable temps. Avery had a blast with the guys and was able to impress them with her burping abilities and appreciation for reptiles. I found a new reason to visit the Detroit Zoo. All in all , the day was a success.
The night, however was not. After school we had a few friends over to visit and Aves was pooped out early. That isn't like her even on such a busy day. In the middle of the night she threw up all over the bathroom floor and mostly slept through the rest of the weekend, with breaks to pee and puke. Poor thing!!

No comments: