Now that spring has arrived and the weather is great (for two days atleast) I think our e-journal pages will be few and far between. We have been spendinga lot of time outside. Last week we had the Buchies over and the girls had such a great time together. I got some really silly shots of them. Karli is a lot like Avery,as soon as the camera came out, she was posing. We went to Cameron's first birthday last weekend. He had every parents' perfect reaction to that cake, face and body full of cake and smiles for posterity. Eric and I went to Kindergarten roundup. It was basically useless info but it seemed like a parental rite of passage so we went. It is pretty surreal when your kids start school. I cried a little when I registered Reagan for nursery school and a little when I sat at Avery's K-garten roundup. As a kid, you think you will never be grown up then, to take the words from Kenny Chesney, you blink and you have children whose birthdays are wizzing by at the speed of light!!!! On a lighter note, while we were gone Reagan was playing store with Nana H and asked her if she was paying with cash or debit (Eric was SO proud that credit was not an option at Reagan's Boutique). She also told my mom that "Daddy got a new car because his head didn't fit into his old one." My mom practically busted a gut at that one. ..BTW-Eric hasn't gotten a new car in a long time. Avery and I were working on a kindergarten workbook this afternoon and she was really impressing me with what she knows. I don't think I realized that you don't have to sit down and actually explain a whole lot to them. You give them the basics, answer their questions and their little minds take care of a lot of the learning while you think you are playing!! I don't think I have covered most of our week but Reagan is exhausted so that's all for now.
5 comments:
Thanks for the update! We've been busy outside as well. I hope that you guys have a great week.
I am crying with you, i just signed the papers for my girls to start school five days a week next year. We miss you guys.
That picture of the girls is priceless! We'll have to bribe them with it later in life!
I've got some of you that I could brice you with too!!!!
Ummm....can we sit and cry together the first day of school.
I really hope somehome our girls get in the same K class. I know Em would LOVE THAT!
Post a Comment