Sunday, November 22, 2009

It Aint Braggin If You Back It Up


In the Words of Kid Rock(censored).

Avery is one smart cookie. Eric and I went to her school conference on Thursday. Her teacher informed us that Avery is reading at a third grade level. She helps classmates with their math and is always the last one out of the classroom at the end of the day because she is assisting others in coat zipping and backpack loading. We were allowed to read some of her writings and were so touched by all of her writings about our family outings and activities. One paper started with "I love being a kid." I almost cried because before we had kids, Eric always told me that being a kid sucked. I would always say that he could have a real childhood when we had kids. Judging by Avery's opinion, I proved Eric wrong. Mrs. Rossi had nothing negative to say and nothing we might want to work on. I am so proud of Avery and not too modest to say that I am proud of Eric and I as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have every right to be proud! So does Eric! And so does Avery!!!

Laura said...

She is so smart! Love that picture of her too!