I guess they are all favorites or I wouldn't keep the tradition, right? Anyway, I got up Saturday morning and turned on channel 2 news. I hardly ever turn on the TV in the morning, expecially the news but for unknown reasons I did. I also thought to myslef, The Royal Oak Parade is coming up soon. We'll have to make sure we don't miss it. "What Jay Towers?? TODAY IS the parade you say??" At 8:53 Avery ran to wake up Eric, we all got dressed and were out the door. We made it to Washington Street with time to spare for the 10 am start time. This seems to be the way it works every year. We kind of forget about the parade and always make it on time. This year the weather was parade-perfect and the kids were maintenance free. I was reminiscing on our first Royal Oak Thanksgiving parade. It was FREEZING!!!! cold. Reagan was not quite five months old, Avery was almost three and I was exhausted. I don't remember the exhaustion though, I only assume I was because I was exhausted most of that first year. As many years as we attend the parade, I will never forget standing on the street corner, bundled up with our little babies in tow. I didn't know that it would be such a great family tradition but I am surely glad that it has become one.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
One of my Favorite Traditions
I guess they are all favorites or I wouldn't keep the tradition, right? Anyway, I got up Saturday morning and turned on channel 2 news. I hardly ever turn on the TV in the morning, expecially the news but for unknown reasons I did. I also thought to myslef, The Royal Oak Parade is coming up soon. We'll have to make sure we don't miss it. "What Jay Towers?? TODAY IS the parade you say??" At 8:53 Avery ran to wake up Eric, we all got dressed and were out the door. We made it to Washington Street with time to spare for the 10 am start time. This seems to be the way it works every year. We kind of forget about the parade and always make it on time. This year the weather was parade-perfect and the kids were maintenance free. I was reminiscing on our first Royal Oak Thanksgiving parade. It was FREEZING!!!! cold. Reagan was not quite five months old, Avery was almost three and I was exhausted. I don't remember the exhaustion though, I only assume I was because I was exhausted most of that first year. As many years as we attend the parade, I will never forget standing on the street corner, bundled up with our little babies in tow. I didn't know that it would be such a great family tradition but I am surely glad that it has become one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the pictures. MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!
Cute tradition. I didn't even know Royal Oak had a parade.
Post a Comment