Thursday, May 20, 2010

Big Girl

Reagan has another rite of passage under her belt. She has mastered, kind of, riding her bike without training wheels. She needs help starting out and is a little wobbly but she definitely has gotten it. As I ran next to her on the wobbly two-wheeler a memory of her first walk down that same sidewalk came to my head. She was three days old and I beamed with pride that day just like I did today. Doesn't seem like that was just short of five years ago! I know that she is proud of mastering bike riding at a younger age than Avery and I am glad that she did too. It seems like she feels like she is living in the shadows of her older sister and older friends so for her to accomplish this a little younger than her big sister is really a point of pride. Luckily, it hasn't occurred to her to gloat about it yet.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Too Funny, I just posted a video just like this, this morning! Karli thought it was pretty cool that her and Reagan can both ride 2wheelers now! Way to go Reagan!