Avery had one of her art pieces from school featured in a district wide art show. We went to The Palazzo banquet hall to check out her art a few nights ago. There were really not a ton of students featured so it really is something that she should be proud of. I remember my brother having artwork in a show like this when we were kids...I never did, nor did Eric so I guess that talent came from DJ. There were a lot of amazing pieces by truly talented students. One ink drawing of an elephant was jaw-dropping. It was a ton of little pen squiggles with water color background...AMAZING!!! There was a photograph of a tree branch in a swamp surrounded by autumn leaves. Thebranch came together to form a perfect heart that looked like it was made with two hands coming toether. i wish I would have taken a picture of that one. it is almost had to believe that it wasn't altered. I am hoping to have out family artist create some works like those for our home as she grows her talent.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
The Family Artiste
Avery had one of her art pieces from school featured in a district wide art show. We went to The Palazzo banquet hall to check out her art a few nights ago. There were really not a ton of students featured so it really is something that she should be proud of. I remember my brother having artwork in a show like this when we were kids...I never did, nor did Eric so I guess that talent came from DJ. There were a lot of amazing pieces by truly talented students. One ink drawing of an elephant was jaw-dropping. It was a ton of little pen squiggles with water color background...AMAZING!!! There was a photograph of a tree branch in a swamp surrounded by autumn leaves. Thebranch came together to form a perfect heart that looked like it was made with two hands coming toether. i wish I would have taken a picture of that one. it is almost had to believe that it wasn't altered. I am hoping to have out family artist create some works like those for our home as she grows her talent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How funny, when I saw the title, I said to my self she's just like DJ with her Artistic ability!
Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas
Post a Comment