Saturday, October 2, 2010
Trying New Things
With the start of anew school year, all three of the Cervone girls are branching out and trying something new. Avery has started a gymnastics class through Park & Rec. She LOVES it and that is reallysaying a lot. She looks forward to goingto her class and when I ask her if she had a good time...the answer has been an overly-dramatic YES!!! both weeks thus far. Uusaully Avery isn't one to look forward to a class. She usually dreads a change in day. For gymnastics, she embraces it. Reagan is taking ballet, which is not neccesarily new since she tried it out this summer but this is the first time she is taking it with a class full of strangers. I am proud of the way they both have marched into their new classes with the confidence that I never had as a kid. Avery is also her class Student Council representative. From what a teacher told me, she goes to the monthly meeting at lunch alongwith reps from each class and takes notes to report back to her class. The teachers choose a student who is responsible and can accurately share information with the class. Iam most proud that she is gettingup in frontof her class and speaking (again something that I would rather die than do as a kid). As for me, a am co-leading Avery Brownietroop. So far, there is way more to it than I hoped but I think from here on, most of the commitment will be planning projects and fieldtrip and the actual leading of the girls. That will be the fun part and I look forward to sharing with the girls the ideas I am coming up with. My small group at church has changed a little too. For thepast few years I have taught a group of about six to eight boys and girls. This year the group is smaller and is just girls. The group seems to be genuinelt interested in learning and getting to know each other better. It looks like it is gonna be a fun year ahead for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment