Saturday, March 8, 2008

First time ice skating





Avery and Reagan have been excited for days about our afternoon ice skating. When we told Reagan to get dressed for iceskating because it is too cold to wear the shorts that she had on, she promptly ran to her room and put on Avery's Hello Kitty bathing suit. After starightening out the clothing issue, we made our way to the rink...very slowly in the blowing snow. We got everyone's skates on, tried helmets and found some "walkers" for lack of a better word. Avery really knocked my socks off. She is quite skilled on skatesbut when she got cocky and tried to skate too fast without the walker, she fell and scraped her cheek on the ice. I tried to get her back onthe ice before we left so we could end it ona positive note but she chose to leave and continue sobbing for about 20 more minutes, until she very calmly asked, "When are we going to Castaway Bay?" Avery is never middle of the road when it comes to emotions!! Reagn adn I very very slowly made our way once around the rink. It is really difficult to keep a two year old steady when you are not steady yourself. Eric and I kind of took turns getting Reagn around while the other of us lapped Reagan with Avery. Our 15 or 20 minutes on the ice was pretty fun. I think next year we will have a great time. Avery will have forgotten (hopefully) her injury and Reagan will be a bit more steady on the ice.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love it. They are so cute, even crying. Reagan cracks me up, she's still in short sleeves at least!

Felosak Family said...

Poor Avery! It looks like they had a great time anyway!

Unknown said...

Sound like fun. And I love that you got a picture of Avery crying. LOL SOOOOO something I would have done.