Monday, May 26, 2008

Little Jay Scott got married




I am way behind with my blog but I wanted to write a little about a wedding we went to last Saturday. The groom is a kid (man I guess) who I have known his whole life. My first memory of him was when his mom was pregnant. We grew up with the family, have stood up in each others weddings and are Godparents to each others children. Jay is the youngest brother of Laura and Wayne...back to the story. I remember walking up their driveway, where pregnant Kathy was watching the kids play or getting a moment of peace by herself. i don't remember that part. I told her that I hoped she was having a girl. That was my version of, "Congratulations. I am happy for you." On days like Jay's wedding day, you really remember to enjoy every day because it really does go by quick. I wonder if Avery will recall little instances like that when her friends baby brothers and sisters wed?? It was a really fun reception. the food was great, the company was great and it was nice to shake my booty for a few hours.

3 comments:

Felosak Family said...

Kim, what a great pic!

Laura said...

It really is a great picture of all of you! It was great to have you shake your booty with us!

Unknown said...

LOVE that dress in that pic! You look great.