It has been a really fun and relaxing few days. Since I have been a mom, this is my favorite week of every year because both of the "spoil Kim" days come within the same week. This year Eric, Reagan and I went to Times Square in Romeo for raspberry crepes. Avery was with Nana and we couldn't get a hold of her so she missed out but would rather be with Nana anyway. Afterward we went to noon service at church because Eric and I both served the night before and missed the service. It happened that we were able to run into two of our small group couples who are both celebrating their first Mother's Days so it was nice to wish them a good one. Because the weather was so miserable, my whole side of the family were able to make it over for a barbeque (cooked in the garage and eaten in the house) After dinner, Eric, DJ and I went through an ab workout on the livingroom floor. Strange?? Wait til you hear about the birthday festivities...the picture is Avery and Reagan trying to do the workout that Papa H mentioned to us. The girls remembered it the following day so they could show Eric and I. For my birthday, my mom and I took Avery and Reagan to my new favorite diner, the Fly Trap. It was delicious. Later in the evening, Grandma and Papa, Uncle Matt, Uncle Dj, Aunt Rula and Nana came over for pizza, my favorite fat free brownies and sparring. Yep, I said sparring. DJ had shown me some moves on Mother's Day and I asked him to get his pads so we could work on more punches and kicks today. My MIL decided she wanted to try it out too. So for my birthday, my MIL was basically kicking my brother's ass as he was instructing her how to do it. I wish I had pictures, as it is probably not something that happens at most family gatherings or with most families. As I was telling Cyndi (the ass kicking MIL) we seem to be making a habit of boxing at family gatherings. For Christmas we battled on the Wii (she won). I got lots of gifts to spoil myself with as well. I love and appreciate my gifts but the best part of the last few days has been the fun we have had, our own strange version of fun but fun all the same!!
4 comments:
Sounds like a great time! Happy Birthday again...and Happy Mother's day too!
Sounds great Kim! I think every family needs a little ass kicking time.....it's cheaper than therapy! Happy Belated Birthday Kim!
Happy Birthday!!! does your family give lessons.
Happy Birthday!!! Your family get togethers sound like mine! LOL
Post a Comment