My little Avery has graduated!!! Most moms (including me) can't believe that their little babies have finished kindergarten. Avery has never really been a baby, though. She has always acted like an adult, complete with teenager attitude so it really doesn't seem like my "baby" is entering first grade, but I cried all the same. All those sweet little faces, innocent and naive being thrown into the lion's den that is elementary school. Avery is so ready for it, though. She is really good at making friends and has learned that even the "bad kids" (1) have some good in them and (2)are probably bad because their home life isn't as wonderful as hers. She is ready to tackle the world of full time school.
Their graduation ceremony was really sweet. Though Avery insisted for weeks that she was not going up on the stage, she followed what all of the other kids were doing and seemed to have a really good time up there. Mainly because she and her friend Benny were giggling and plotting through their first song. I later learned that they had been imaging Reagan storming the stage. Reagan has become quite popular on the school bus. She would get on to kiss Avery good bye and all the class would chant SIS-SY SIS-SY. They say they just made that up because Avery doesn't call her sister sissy. Reagan digs the attention from older kids so it works....back to the festivities, when the kids sang their third song, "Wonderful World", by Louis Armstrong, I lost it but regained my composure (and was prepared with waterproof mascara on my lashes) for the fourth song and the "Kindergarten Memories" DVD. The kids also came to the stage one by one to shake hands with their teacher then we had a reception in the classroom. It was a bittersweet day and one that I hope Avery comes out of with fond memories. I now I will.
3 comments:
Awwww...our babies are growing up! I love it, but then again I don't ;) lol Happy Graduation, Avery!
beautiful pictures.
Sounds like a great day.
Congratulations, Avery!
I can't believe she is going to be in 1st grade! Yay Avery! I would have been balling too.
Post a Comment