Tuesday, June 30, 2009

T-Ball & MISSING TEETH!!!!



One did not cause the other but both made me realize what a big kid I have on my hands. I feel like T-ball has really helped Avery to come out of her shell. She went from refusing to even go out on the field at the first two practices to volunteering to fill in for the opposing team when they were short a player in the last game of the season. She went from not wanting to play any "lead role" to covering first base, very effectively if I say so myself. She has made friendships without my coaxing her and I think given up a little of the selfishness of toddlerhood through the sport. Most notedly, for me, she has found a group activity that she looks forward to and has a passion for. She truly is her father's daughter in that respect.
Continuing with her growing up evening, Avery usually brushes her own teeth but I decided to give them a good moomy scrubbing last night and noticed that she has two grown up teeth coming through behind the baby teeth. One was really loose so I pushed her to keep wiggling them as often as she can. While reading our bed time book, she gave it a few yanks and it flew across Reagan's bed. I was actually shocked that a tooth came out of my daughter's mouth. Why, I don't know but we were both VERY excited and tried to call daddy at t-ball, nana and papa but no one was around (at 9:45!!!) Anyway, we have quite a few phone calls to make today. Now we can also tell everyone that the tooth fairy brought a new book (Tinkerbell)and a dollar even though Avery chose to keep the tooth and did not want the fairy to touch her. (the gifts were left on her desk). To ensure there would be no touching, Avery left her pillow where it always is on the head of the bed and she slept on a tiny pillow at the bottum of the bed. Whew, these babies are growing fast!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like she's really growing up!!!