
Reagan has been asking for weeks to go in the Slip N Slide. Yesterday the weather finally cooperated so on the walk home from school we decided to get bathing suits on and pull out the sprinkler. Aftersuits were on andsunscreen was applied, I went in the garage to get the chosen sprinkler and Reagan starts screaming from the patio. She had fallen and gotten basically ripped the skin from her big toe. I was holding her and sent Avery to get Eric from his office (sometimes I am SO grateful he gets home early). Reagan was screaming with huge tears running down her face. We took her to the bathroom to clean her up a bit and Eric had to take a stone and a chunck of dirt from under the flap of skin. My job was to hug herand keep her from watching him in the mirror. Immediately after the foreign objects were removed, Reagan told Eric, through tears and sobbing, "Thanks for helping me." Neither her or Avery through a fit about missing the sprinkler and spending the rest of that beautiful day watching movies on the couch (with a treat from DQ). Reagan chose a slush after asking mewhat would make her boo-boo feel the best.
1 comment:
Awwwww. I can picture it and feel her pain :( God job mom and dad!
That is what I hate about summer-skin and cement. Cameron bailed yesterday out of the power wheel while it was moving.
Post a Comment