Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer Serve 2009


I dropped Avery and Reagan off at my parents' house Friday night so Eric and I could be out of the house bright and early to do some much needed work on a local home. Kensington does these big serve projects every season. This was the first time that Eric and I were (1)aware of the project beforehand (2)able to hand the kids off for an entire day.
I have been sick all week and Eric was coming down with something on Friday but somehow, working for people who need you, takes away your aches. I painted, cleaned and did some yard work while Eric built a ramp, roofed and did some yard work. I think there were about thrity of us working to give this single mom of three a home to be proud of ( and boy, did we come through). The family was so grateful and the nineteen year old daughter who is disabled and wheelchair bound couldn't have been more excited about her new wheelchair ramp...well, she was a little more excited about attending the Beyonce concert in 28 days but the ramp was a close second.
It was a day of really hard work and exhaustion but Eric and I both look forward to the next one becaue even more than the exhaustion, the day was filled with fun, new relationships and pride in a job well-done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you have already been, but will continue to be, blessed by the work you did.

Laura said...

Way to go guys! What a great service!