Wednesday, July 15, 2009

All Star Game



Last Saturday Avery played in the Sterling Heights Girls T-Ball All Star game. She really did very well, both playing and following direction from adults that she didn't know. I am most proud of the second of the two. Avery has always been so painfully shy with people that she doesn't know. I am relieved that she is coming out of her shell because it took me about ten years longer to come out of mine than it took her. She will take advantage of many more opportunites now that she is losing that fear. I am so happy for her.
Back to the game...the girls lost by two but they put up a great fight, coming back from being down by twelve and most importantly, they all had a great time and a sense of pride from playing their best in a game that only the best players make it to. (Side note, their fellow players vote on who is "best" so it might be more about who they are better friends with) Either way, woo-hoo!!

1 comment: