Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day Extravaganza

Every Fourth of July, my parents' neighbors do not cease to amaze me. The homes on the lake throw such a bash, about 15 homes all equip with tents, sound systems, alcohol and a professional fireworks display. It seems to become more of a spectacle every year. Parked vehicles line all the streets on both sides. Pedestrians are walking, talking, drinking and having a blast everywhere you look. I can compare it only to camping in Caseville over Fourth of July. It is crazy and fun and patriotic in a way that only Americans could pull off. I wish I had some video to convey how this quiet neighborhood turns basically into spring break for one day. As for our family, we have dinner, walk around the neighborhood and watch the fireworks show from my parents foyer, on the comfortable couch, air conditioning blowing and sans mosquitoes. Is it clear where I get my loathing of camping?? I hope one day to live in a neighborhood and be one of the families hosting a party like this one.

No comments: