Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another Year Older and Wiser

When my kids are nearing a birthday, I always think back at how they have changed over the years. This past year has been one of great maturity for Avery, not that she ever acted like a baby or really even a toddler,most of her difficult moments have always been those of a hormonal teenager. Avery has really started to understand and accept that she can't always have her way. Responses that she doesn't like are often answere with OK instead of tumbling to the floor or whining. Physically she has grown taller, lost teeth and taken on the face of a big kid.
This was the year that Avery stopped crying out in the middle of the night only to be put back at ease by a potty trip. I am so relieved that this phase has ended. It was getting to the point where I could hardly get her out of her loft bed and carry her to the bathroom. I suppose everything happens when it is meant to.
Avery excels in school and is starting (kindof) to take interest in her classmates instead of only wanting to be with adults. Tomorrow's birthday will be celebrated with a first sleepover followed by grandparents over on Saturday. last night Avery chose to have her birthday dinner at Buca di Bepo and recieved her coveted DSlite, which is truly a hit. Happy Birthday my big girl. I love you and am so proud of the unique young lady you are becoming.

No comments: