Saturday, January 30, 2010

Third Grade Reader

Avery's second report card came home the other day. It was fantastic. Mrs. Rossi filled me in regarding the mystery number telling of her reading level. She toldus that is a thrid grade level. One of the third grade teachers was with her at the time and said she wants Avery in her room because she sends kids off to fourth grade at that reading level. All of her marks were really great. I am really proud of that...but not necessarily surprised.

What did take me by surprise was her excitement at going to Jack's birthday party and saying goodbye to me when I droppedher off without wanting to leave with me. Her social skills are really developing these days and I am learning that Avery is equally comfortable running around with the boys as jumping rope with the girls.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Way to go Avery!

Felosak Family said...

That is FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Congrats Avery!!!!!!! I am not suprised that she is finding her way. She comes from a strong family:)