We have brought cupcakes to the classroom, we've had the first sleepover, the grandparents, Aunt and Uncles have come over for dinnerand cake. Nothing left to be done. We are proud parents of a seven year old!! Friday was Avery's actual birthday. I showed up 45 minutes before theend of the school day with cupcakes and boxes of crayons for all the kids to commemorate the day. Avery had her little paper birthday crown on and excitement burst out of her every pore. She and I got to dance in the front of class to the tune of "Happy Birthday to you cha-cha-cha" Mrs. Sharonbrought Reagan to the class when they were done for the day and joined us in a cupcake then Avery went around to some of her favorite people in the school to hand out cupcakes and get more birthday goodies (a pencil and sheet of halloween stickers)
At six o'clock sharp on Friday evening, our two overnight guests arrived with luggage, pillows and stuffed friends. All the girls had such a great time, as did ric and I observing their giddy girliness. After a pizza picnic they opened gifts, played Barbies, Polly Pocket, DS and Wii...and were proud to boast that they stayed up until morning (one minute before midnight they asked me if it was morning and were so proud when I told them that it would be morning in one minute) the giggles tapered off shortly thereafter. After pancaked and some more playing our guests were sent home exhausted. As Samantha's mom put it, they had a sleepover hangover.
Last night the grandparents, two great-grandparents, uncles, aunt and one great-uncle came over for quesadillas and cake and ice cream. Our little house was tearing atthe seems and I was a bit frazzled for lack of space but by the end of the evening, everyone was full of good eats and good company.
Now that all is said and done, seven no longer seems really old. Eight is the new seven...
2 comments:
Happy Birthday!! I hope it was an amazing day, Avery.
Kim...I can NOT believe we have (will soon have) 7 yr olds. It seems so grown up!!
Sounds like Avery had a great time! Happy 7th Birthday Avery!!!!!.....P.S. I got your message :)
Post a Comment