
So, these two things really don't have much to do with each other...except that the glam was the same evening that the great story began..kinda. On September, 11 my friend Debby's little brother got married. Eric and I were "invited" to crash the wedding after dinner to have some fun and do some booty shaking. Debbyand I spenas much time together as we can get. The time spent is usually in mom attire so I had to post this picture of us looking glam, as it really never happens!
Now, for the great story. About a month before the wedding, Debbyand I got a few hours together on a Saturday. We went shopping for a dress for Debby for the wedding. She found a super cute one for a steal. It took us maybe ten minutes of shopping. When it was time for us to part, Debby mentioned she was going to DSW. She had an exact pair of shoes in mind but didn't know if she would find them anywhere. Turns out, it took her about ten minutes at DSW to find these as well. She was really excited and LOVES these shoes. So, flash forward to the day after the wedding. Debby tells me that she couldn't find her shoes when it was time to go home. She assumed her husband had taken them home but they weren't at home either. She called the hall and they didn't have them. Debby was pretty sad about it. During the evening of the wedding, on two seperate occasions she had found rings in the restroom and returned them so it didn't seem fair that someone had found her favorite shoes and kept them!! She even halfheartedly asked me why God let somone take her shoes after she had returned not one but two expensive rings. I laughed at her and said that there are kids starving in this world but I'm sure God will get her shoes to her when He gets a chance. For a few weeks when a friend asked her about the wedding, she would bring up the shoes and get kind of bummed out. She mentioned she wanted to buy another pair but would be bummed every time she wore them, having to pay for them twice. I really felt for her because she is so generous and I knew she loved those shoes. As "frugal" as I am, I even thought about replacing them for her. Flashforward again to about three weeks later, I am at the chiropractor, where I sit under heating pads then get about a ten minutes massage before my crack. I usually take this time to talk to God. As I was having my conversation, my mind wandered, thinking, "I am pretty close to the hall. i should see if the shoes turned up." They were closed, as it was a monday, but the next day I went there and was so excited to be able to call Debby afterward and let her know that God really does care about her shoes!!! I returned them to her the next time we were together and she left them "displayed" in her livingroom for a few days as a reminder of the happy ending. Sorry my story was so lengthy, but I wanted to remember it, as it really is meaningful to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment