For the last few days, Eric and I have been ripping up carpet and tack strips, painting walls and laying laminate floor in the living room and hallway. The kids have been here all along so when we were in the process of tearing up the carpeting, we warned them to stay off of it and they had to remain in one of their rooms or the basement. They had Austin with them so he wouldn't step on anything sharp either. The kids obeyed most of the time and were pretty good for being basically neglected for the better part of Saturday. Austin, however, was our superstar!! About three hours after we had cleaned up the tacks and staples and the girls had been walking on the floor, Eric heard Austin crying in the kitchen. He and the girls were watching Barney in our bedroom. He went in the kitchen to let Austin out, and realized that Austin was sitting in the threshold of the livingroom and crying to get to his family. He knew that he wasn't supposed to be on the floor. Now, if I only could remember how we trained him to behave so well, I would write a book!!! And use it on my kids!
4 comments:
Looking good! I didn't know you guys were doing that! That picture looks strangely familiar- like Jay doing it last year. Haha! Looks beautiful and it really does make the house so much nicer! Trust me, I know. A little hot vinegar water and it shines. :) Oh and next time you tackle a big project, let me know. The girls are more than welcome to come over and play. We would be happy to have them. :)
Wow!!! Looks great! I can't wait to see it in person. I'm so proud of you guys for doing it yourself. Now I know who to call when we do ours!!
That is going to look really nice! If you needs to get rid of the girls let me know, we'll take them!
the living room looks wonderful! remind us to hire eric to redo my house. miss you guys hope to see you sooon!!! :) nana, papa, uncle dj and aunt rula
Post a Comment