Sunday, February 3, 2008

Papa John Turns 80!!



We went toPapa John's 80th birthday party yesterday. We had such a nice time meeting all of their friends that they have known since they were a young couple, just starting out. It's so amazing to see these images of young men and women dancing and laughing on old home movies and look around the room 50 years after the films were shot and these same people are still laughing together. I have high hopes for my friendships after spending time with John, Pat and their lifelong friends. Avery and Reagan had a blast palying with Kelly and Kayla, as they always do. Reagan had such fun that she forget to get herself to the potty and spent about an hour of the party covering her nude bum with her sweater while her undies and jeans were being washed. Avery cried when we finally left, two hours after the party ended, because she wanted to spend the night with Kelly! It was already an hour after their bed time!! I think everyone at the party had a good time. I hope my daughters will throw me such a nice party for my 80th birthday!

We also went to a bounce house on Friday night and expended some much pent up energy. I think we will be spending a lot of time there in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

Felosak Family said...

Kim,
Great story...it gives me hope too! Let us know when you go to bounce house....Evan is always up for expending energy!