Friday, July 11, 2008

"Real" Babysitter

We had a "real" sitter on Tuesday night. By real, I mean that someone who is not related to us cared for our kids while we were out and got paid to do so. I didn't think I would ever really be comfortable with that, and I did ask Avery a lot of questions afterward to make sure that everything went well. We first met our sitter at VBC. He (yes, Avery felt comfortable with a male sitter) and Avery seemed to really hit it off when he was a helper in her class. He was the only boy and also the only one who really seemed to take interest in the kids. Anyway, after VBC was over, Avery cried that she was going to miss him so I made a few calls and got in contact with Andrew. I expected Avery to change her mind and decide that she didn't want to be left with a sitter but she was very excited, as was I, for Andrew to watch them. They had a great time and Avery can't wait to have Andrew over again. As for Reagan, I don't think she cares one way or another who is responsible for her well-being.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Great move! Glad to hear it all went really well!!