Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Happening







Last night, the four of us attended the Havel Holiday Happening. First I spent the morning baking, burning and dropping on the floor a portion of 72 pre-baked precut sugar cookies. I got to the event before Eric, Avery and Reagan to man my post at the present unwrap game. the kids had a blast unwrapping a gift layer by layer. The person to peel away the last layer, won the gift. The suspense was killing me and I wasn't even a participant, eligibleto win the sheet of stickers or dollar store peg game!!! We also played the cookie walk game ALOT. I wantedto try to let each girl win once..andthe did. We listened to a Christmas story, decorated cookies, played DDR with one of Avery's favorite and most talked about classmates, Josh and Avery and Reagan both enetered the coloring contest and both won for their respective grades. It might have helped our odds that we were coloring and chatting with the pricipal thirty seconds before she picked the winners and Reagan was the only nursery participant...they added the category for her : ) It was a really sugar-filled, fun evening. We look forward to attending and working at next year's event...maybe I will get the cookie baking right by then!

3 comments:

Lorene said...

Dang girl! We colored our little hearts out for those apples. Haha! We were outta there by 7, though, so we surely didn't hang around! Congrats!

We had such an awesome time,too. Sure my parents and sister were bored, but the kids had fun. :)

Christine said...

Ahhh...they look so happy! What an awesome night! Wish me luck - I have cookie duty this week ;) lol

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!!!!