Saturday, December 27, 2008

Kindergarten Christmas Party




We weathered the nasty snowy weather and made it to Avery's Christmas party, a little late but that should be expected from me rain or shine! Some of the moms, and I'm not being sexist, it really was just the moms volunteering, set up craft stations and the kids went from station to station making crafts. I think that everyone was expected to bring some sort of goodie bag for the kids to take home but I didn't know that and brought nothing to share. No biggie. there was enough junk to go around. I don't think anyone noticed. The kids made snowmen and played a cottonball snow game, bingo and made beaded candy cane ornaments at my station. They all seemed to have a really nice time. I did notice that there were a few girls who had a harder time with the craft and got very easily frustrated. They happened to be the same ones that call other kids names and have tantrums in class. It gave me a good opportunity to try to explain to Avery why some kids act like that. I really feel for her having to sit next to a five year old who acts like she's two. This child did make me feel like my kids are saints though!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like a nice party