Keeping in line with the past year of downsizing, we had a very intimate gathering for Avery's birthday this year. Grandmas and Grandpas and Uncles and Aunt came over for pizza, salad and deserts. Avery and Reagan still asked often in the last few days when everyone was coming over, they were still just as excited for the "party" and had a great time. The "party" was just a few hours after Eric found out that there will be major layoffs at the end of the month so I am really RELIEVED that we chose not to throw a big party this year and that we cancelled our Florida vacation. We can breathe a little easier knowing that our big whopping (not so much)savings is still in tact. Avery's little birthday celebration was a fun ending to a somewhat stressful day, and a low-key beginning to a stressful three weeks.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
A Small Celebration
Keeping in line with the past year of downsizing, we had a very intimate gathering for Avery's birthday this year. Grandmas and Grandpas and Uncles and Aunt came over for pizza, salad and deserts. Avery and Reagan still asked often in the last few days when everyone was coming over, they were still just as excited for the "party" and had a great time. The "party" was just a few hours after Eric found out that there will be major layoffs at the end of the month so I am really RELIEVED that we chose not to throw a big party this year and that we cancelled our Florida vacation. We can breathe a little easier knowing that our big whopping (not so much)savings is still in tact. Avery's little birthday celebration was a fun ending to a somewhat stressful day, and a low-key beginning to a stressful three weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad Avery had a great B-day! We'll pray that Eric isn't one that is laid off. Try to stay positive, I know it's hard! I bet you're glad you guys did all you did though! Good job out of you!
Looks like a nice, simple birthday. I hope she enjoyed herself.
We'll be praying for Eric's job. But I know that with the faith you two have gathered in the last year, you can get through anything.
Post a Comment