Saturday, February 21, 2009

Props to Avery


It seems like at three years old, Reagan is always doing something that is really funny and blog-worthy. At six, all the cute stuff is played out. So I thought I would take a minute to write how amazing my six year old is.

She has always been really smart and really mature. Since she was just over a year, she has almost always chose to spend her time with grown-ups rather than kids her own age. Afterall, grown ups give you their full attention while kids your own age are after their own interests...smart kid, right?? She can keep up with pretty much any adult conversation too, so watch what you say around my oldest daughter. She "gets" it all!!

Avery has plans to work at Target when she gets older, because she wants to run the register. She has been "cashiering" at Nana and Papa's range for a few years now so I think the Target gig will get boring fast. I could see her as a Lawyer. She has been pleading her case since she could speak words, which was pretty early. Avery also has quite a love for all things glamorous and does a fantastic job creating outfits for herslef, her animals, her sister, and myself. Sometimes I come out of the shower to find a complete outfit, including undergarments, shoes and jewelry laid out for me and she is excellent at painting nails, when I give her the opportunity. Avery loves to decorate and often moves the furniture around in her room or other rooms of the house (sometimes to Eric's and my dismay). This hobby comes from my side of the family, my mother to be specific. I remember rearranging furniture as a kid and you will never find a piece in the same place twice at my mom's house.

Avery is my little animal lover. So much that at three and a half, she made me turn our car around to save a labrador retriever that she saw wandering a parking lot. That was the first of many expeditions to save lost animals, both real and imagined Avery insists that any spider found in the house is not crushed, but set free outside. We of course comply (wink wink).

I am very proud of the smart, sensitive, sometimes shy, caring, (beautiful but don't remind her)and always complex little lady that we are raising.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post! It's hard seeing her so less often than I used to. I am looking forward to summer when we get to watch these big ones blossom some more.

Laura said...

She is an amazing kid!

Miss said...

That was beautiful Kim! You have a wonderful way with words and great insite into your girls' characters.