Sunday, December 27, 2009
Christmas Day
Our kids got up pretty late on Christmas morning. There is so much celebration Christmas Eve that they need some extra rest. Reagan called me into her room and I laid in bed with her and told her that Santa came and left her lots of stuff. I don't know if she forgot that it was Christmas morning or what but her smile was absolutely priceless. We both had to go into Avery's room to rouse her from her sleep before we could have our Christmas morning. This was such a great Christmas morning. Both kids were so excited by the things that they got and had such fun exploring their new toys together. I was really excited to get my waffle maker that I had been not at all subtley hinting at. In the afternoon we headed to Eric's Aunt Paula's and Uncle Mike's for some gift opening and a delicious meal then to my mom's for the final celebration of the Christmas season and more gift openingand another delicious meal. I am always a little sad on Christmas day. After all the anticipation it seems like the actual day should last more than twenty-four hours. By the sounds of Avery playing Wii and Reagan pushing her new doll crib around the house, by the look of toys strewn all over our house two days later I guess Christmas kind of does last more than twenty-four hours though, doesn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas!
Post a Comment