Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kindergarten Butterflies



As soon as Chris and Laura pulled out of our driveway Tuesday evening, Avery announced that she was going to bed so Kindergarten would come faster. She brushed her teeth, put on her jammies and went straight to her bed. I asked if she wanted a story and she said "no." She has never even done that for Santa's overnight toy deliveries!! Avery is afternoon Kindergarten so from the moment she got out of bed about 8 am, she asked when school would start and demanded several times that we go there "right now". We went to the gym, had baths and showers and lunch and finally the time came for mommy, daddy, nana and Reagan to walk Avery to school. We, of course, walked up to the room as they were herding the children into the class. I really feel guilty about that but maybe it is for the best. I had such a strange feeling all morning about sending my baby off to real school so it really worked out well that I didnt' get a chance to take it all in because I know I would have not been able to control myself and Avery would have been confused and scared to go into the class. She was just the opposite. I had to physically stop her to get a quick hug. She told me that she had a great day and we heard little snippets of her day throughout the evening. It still seems very starnge for me because, for the past five and a half years, real school seemed so far off. It really creeps up on you FAST!!!


In the picture, Dora backpack is Avery hightailing it into Kindergarten.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Did you and nana cry? She looks so cute on her first day, I'm glad it went well!

Kim Cervone said...

we didn't crybecause we were so late, none of us really gota chance to process it. I had some tears in the past weeks, thinking about kindergarten though : )

Unknown said...

Awww, I'm so glad it all went well. I was a bit worried for you. YEAH AVERY!!!

Laura said...

I just noticed that Asian boy looks terrified!

Macomb County Mother of Multiples said...

She looks like you!!!

Felosak Family said...

Boy Kimmy I have missed a lot! I just caught up on your blog entries. I hope Avery is enjoying school still. I am sure she will excel! Reagan and Karli will have a blast together. If you find yourself needing someone to take care of I always have two off the wall boys up for grabs :)