Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Great Send-Off to Summer






This summer has really flown by. It seems like yeterday that we were anticipatingthe last day of school and all of the summer fun that we would have. Fast forward three months andI still feel like there are so many summer things that we should do. I guess we will have to squeeze in some extra summer fun after school and on the weekends. We did give summer a prettynice farewell this weekend. We played out in the yard Friday afternoon, spent Saturday afternoon at the Romeo Peach Festival children's fest. The kids got to bounce,make crafts, see the petting zoo and take a train ride. Theweather was great. I served in the twos room Saturday night at church. it was a really good ending to the past two years anda great way to transition into a kindergarten small group leader. I thinkit was the cryingest, if that is a word, evening I have ever served...five year olds, here I come!!!! We ran a few errands then played in the yard after church on Sunday. On Labor day we watched the Romeo parade with Nana and our friends Brian and Erika who called us late Sunday afternoon to see if we wanted some company for the parade . It was a really nice surprise and we had a great time. My favorite part of the weekend might have been the raspberry crepes that we had after the parade...ormaybe the barbeque with our friends Kristi and Eric. We had been trying to get together for a barbeque all summer and on a whim, I invited them Friday afternoon for Labor Day. I guess it was kindof our last ditch effort but i am really glad that it owrked out. Everyone enjoyed the warm evening, despite poor brave Tyler having a broken arm. He sure did look like a cute little pirate with that arm in a sling! Now that summer is unofficially over, let the school blogging begin!

No comments: