
Eric and I took the girls to a vacant parking lot in Livonia yesterday. I have never felt such emotion in a parking lot in my entire life. The parking lot we spent our afternoon at, was a cheering station for the thousands of men and women who spent the last three days walking, sometimes limping along, to fight breast cancer. My Mother in Law is one of those people. We are so tremendously proud and inspired by her doing this. She spent the last few months raising money and training for her walk and when her 3-Day partner ended up not being able to join her in the walk, she did it anyhow! What a hero she is! Just being there to cheer on all of those people, some who were walking specifically for a survivor or a loved one who lost their battle, was such a moving and touching experience. I have to imagine that participating in that event has to be life changing.
Congratulations Cyndi and THANK YOU for being a hero to me and my daughters!!!
4 comments:
What a great thing! My SIL does it every year. I hope when the boys are bigger, I'll be able to do it too. Maybe you and I can do it together!!
Kim: What a great title to your blog!! What a great thing for your MIL to do. I have lost friends to this and it has been hard, and now another friend just under went another surg. this past friday after being in remission for 7 yrs. so please keep her in your prayers (her name is Jennell) Take Care Mom K.(Ellisa's MIL)
Thanks for the message, mom K. We will pray for Jennell.
I am so proud!!!
Post a Comment