Saturday, August 15, 2009

Who Are You???


and what did you do with my sweet little girl?? I find myself asking this really frequently lately. The reason? Reagan is in one of her bi-yearly funks. The last really bad one that I distinctly remember was the beginning of last school year and I felt like, although it was absolute HELL, it made sense. We had recently had to give up Romeo, she was starting school for the first time ever. Her whole world was upside down. This time around, I don't know what hit her. Hormones, allergies, just a whim?? I don't know but I am sick of walking on eggshells. Her last tirade ended about five minutes ago. She was mad about having to wear sunscreen. It was about 35 minutes of crying and screaming and snapping at everyone that tried to help her. It is over. She has had a few bites of lunch and is now lounging in the kiddie pool with her doll. Yesterday's event was held at Michigan's Adventure waterpark. A kid should just be rainbows and lollipops at a waterpark, right? Not when Reagan's mood hits. She was inconsolable for a good half hour or so. I took her to a chair to regroup and she snapped out of it as fast as it started. I am hopeful that this ends soon and she will outgrow her episodes. I really miss my sweet, easy-going daughter. Oh no, water in her eye...here we go again!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That picture is awful! Is that supposed to be you yelling at her or her yelling at you? Or her turning into a monster?

Kim Cervone said...

Take it however you wish (it was origianlly her turning into a monster) but all explanations fit.