Yesterday, while our small group was having discussion, Avery sat and authored a story. She wrote and illustrated it while the adults had a conversation. I cannot concentrate while there are any distractions so I suppose she is already smarter than her mom! One of her classmate's mom's was working with her on reading and commented to me that she is an excellent reader. She said that she was "blown away" by her reading skills. She is at the top of her class and is one of a handful of kids working on first grade material. Avery is reading this entry over my shoulder as I type it. I am so proud (and shameless)of her love of learning.
Friday, May 1, 2009
My Little Scholar
Yesterday, while our small group was having discussion, Avery sat and authored a story. She wrote and illustrated it while the adults had a conversation. I cannot concentrate while there are any distractions so I suppose she is already smarter than her mom! One of her classmate's mom's was working with her on reading and commented to me that she is an excellent reader. She said that she was "blown away" by her reading skills. She is at the top of her class and is one of a handful of kids working on first grade material. Avery is reading this entry over my shoulder as I type it. I am so proud (and shameless)of her love of learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome Job, Avery! Everyone is proud of you and your skills. Keep reading babe!
Great Job Avery! Keep up the great work!
I want an autographed copy of Avery's first NY Times bestseller!
Post a Comment