Avery read her first book the other night. Cover to cover, she read Go Dog Go, actually sounding out the words instead of telling the story from the pictures and her memory of what the story is about. I really am astounded at how quickly she went from sight recognition of only a few words to actually sounding out words and writing them. It is just so cute to get her schoolwork home and figure out what is going on. She made a journal the other night and wrote this, "I wet to Ford and swam wit Dufins." She drew a picture of a dolphin and explained to us that it was a pretend entry of going to Florida and swimming with dolphins. We went to her Halloween party at school and I saw so much of Avery's pretend school teaching style in Mrs. Krostrzeba. Avery has the same calm demeanor and speaking style. Last year she had the same style as Mrs. Sharon (who is very differentfrom Mrs. K). She has such a knack of picking up mannerisms. She gets so excited to do homework too. When she is donewith her homeworkfrom school, she starts working on her workbooks from home. I hope this is a tend that lasts her entire life : )
2 comments:
Maybe she'll be a teacher when she grows up!
:) So glad to hear she's doing so well at school!! <3
Post a Comment